Beat Flu - Bookings Now Available
Appointments are now available to book your flu vaccination. Please phone the surgery on 01446 772383 to book your appointment ASAP.
Beat Flu - Gives lots of information about the Flu vaccination.
Due to the number of vaccines we have available, delivery dates and the implications of Covid, we have to prioritise the following patients:
- Over 65
- Under 65 at risk
Children - Who is eligible?
Eligibility for Flu Jab
The following patients are eligible for a flu jab on the first wave of flu injections in Wales:
All patients over the age of 65 (DoB 31/3/1956 or earlier).
Patients with the following medical conditions regardless of age:
- Chronic heart disease
- Stroke or "mini" stroke (TIA)
- Asthma (requiring regular inhaled steroid medication)
- Long term lung disease
- Long term kidney or liver disease
- Reduced immunity due to disease or medication
- Learning disability
- Shielded during COVID and their household members
- Main carer for an elderly or disabled person (not employed as a carer)
- Obesity (BMI > 40) - click here to calculate your BMI
- Front line volunteer with St John's Ambulance with a letter
- Children aged 2 or 3 on 31/8/2020
A second wave of flu injections should be available in Dec 2020 when those between 64-50 may be eligible for an injection. We have not been advised of the arrangements for this vaccination, so please do not contact as yet to ask for advice. Please keep an eye on social media and our website for more information.