Patient Charter – Rights and Responsibilities
As a patient of the practice you have a right to:
- Be treated as an individual, with courtesy, respect and dignity at all times.
- Be given the names of people involved in your care.
- Be given, under normal circumstances, a routine appointment within two to three weeks. If you require an urgent appointment you will be offered the next available appointment with the most suitably qualified member of the Practice team.
- Express a preference to receive services from a particular clinician either generally, or in relation to any particular service/condition. We would always try our best to comply with any reasonable request. Where we are unable to comply with your request, you will receive an explanation as to why and will be given alternative options.
- Be given the reason for any delay in your appointment and have the right to make another appointment.
- Receive advice or action you can take to promote good health.
- Be given the most appropriate care by suitably qualified people.
- Be referred to a consultant, when a clinician feels such a course of action is necessary.
- Choose whether or not to take part in medical research.
- Have access to your health records subject to any limitations in the law.
- Expect a concern or formal complaint to be treated in accordance with NHS guidelines and Practice policy.
- Receive a copy of the practice leaflet on request, or access information from the practice website, which will give you details of all practice services that are available to you.
What we expect from you:
- To treat the staff with respect, courtesy and understanding. The Practice operates a zero tolerance policy to any violence or aggression towards our staff see Violence & Aggression
- To attend the surgery instead of requesting a house visit when at all possible, to gain benefit from facilities available.
- To be on time for an appointment or let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend.
- To use the Out of Hours and Emergency Services appropriately.
- To provide the Practice with any feedbackyou have directly and give us the opportunity to respond accordingly.