If you are worried about symptoms of Coronavirus you should:
- use the NHS Direct Wales online symptom checker at www.nhsdirect.wales.nhs.uk/COVID19
- only call 111 or the Practice, if the symptom checker advises you to
- If your symptoms do not improve after 7 days, or your symptoms deteriorate, please telephone the Practice
- Contact 999 for all Medical Emergencies.
Please do not attend your GP surgery, community pharmacy or A&E department if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus to stop the spread of infection.
Isolation Notes - You can now generate isolation notes online via NHS Direct Wales
Advice & Information
Please click on the links below for the up to date information:
Shielding (Highly Vulnerable Patients)
To support social distancing and to protect those sheilding or highly vulnerable we are interacting via our online eConsult portal or via telephone and video appointments. We ask that if your problem is not an urgent issue you consider using the eConsult online portal to provide us with the background information that will enable us to better understand your problems and respond to you within 24 hours. If your problem can not wait 24 hours for a response please contact the surgery on 01446 772383 and a receptionist will ask you for details of the problem and either a GP or Nurse will contact you to assess whether you need or it is safe for you to come to down the surgery.
If your problem is a commen condition there is a great deal of self help information available on our self help pages and information is also available via NHS Direct Wales.
Please be patient with our staff, we are all working extremely hard to respond and adapt to new ways of working to protect our patients and the local community. Thank you.
St Athan Branch - Non-COVID Nursing Site
We have created a nursing site at our St Athan branch where we will be able to undertake some face to face Nursing procedures. We have designed this site to be as safe as possible to enable the vital immunisation schedual for babies to continue.
If you need to inform the Community Midwives that you are pregnant.
- Send an email to the designated email address. email@example.com
- You will receive an automatic response with the referral form attached.
- You should then complete the form on –line and return it to the same email address.
- You will be contacted within a week by a Community Midwife who will then arrange a telephone booking appointment when you are 8-10 weeks pregnant.