About The Practice
Western Vale Family Practice is a non limited Partnership owned by Drs McGovern, Wilkinson, Coleman, Cleland & Morris.
We are contracted to provide Primary Medical Services by Cardiff and Vale University Health Board. Further details about Primary Medical Services in the area can be obtained from: www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk
We offer a range of NHS and private services in the Practice to our 12,900 patients via our multidisciplinary and highly skilled team.
We currently have Five GP Partners, three Salaried GPs, two Nurse Practitioners, three Practice Nurses, a Health Care Support Worker, two Practice Pharmacists and access to Mental Health workers and Physiotherapists. We also employ around 20 members of staff across Management, Administrative and Reception areas.
We also provide training for GP Registrars, Medical students, Foundation Pharmacists and Practice Nurses.
You will find a wealth of up to date health-related information across our website. Please have a look around and provide us with feedback if you can’t find what you are looking for.
As a Practice we have much to be proud of:
- We won South Wales GP Practice of the Year 2023, following nominatins from our patients.
- We support patients to live independently at home,for as long as possible, through our Care at Home scheme, working with District Nurses, community support and social services.
- We offer a Community Memory Clinic and are active participants in Dementia Friendly Cowbridge and support Dementia Friendly Llantwit Major.
- We have been given silver accreditation via the Vale Local Authority for the support we provide to Carers.
- We actively support children’s wellbeing in the local community, through sponsorship of kits, training equipment and events.
The GP Practice is usually the first point of contact for healthcare for most people. The aim is to provide an easily accessible route to care, whatever the patient’s problem. Since we often care for people and their families over extended periods of time, the relationship between patient, the Doctors and staff in the Practice is particularly important.
Our team is at all times expected to behave in accordance with the Practice values, demonstrating commitment to the delivery of a high quality service to our patients. Our values are:
- We Care, Respect and treat our patients and colleagues with Kindness;
- We Trust one another;
- We take Personal Responsibility and act with Honesty.
As a Practice, we aim to ensure that staff are appropriately trained and confident in the work they do and we provide opportunities for them to continuously learn, develop, gain job satisfaction and reach their full potential.
In return, We Ask That Patients:
Mutually Respect the Clinicians and Practice staff. We operate a zero tolerance policy, which means that we have a right to care for others without fear of being verbally or physically abused. We will take action if someone is treated in a threatening, abusive or violent way. This may result, in extreme cases, in the police being contacted and/or patients being removed from the Practice list.
Take Personal Responsibility to inform the Practice if you or your loved one are unable to attend an appointment, or if there are any changes in personal circumstances which may impact on general health.
Provide Feedback directly to us if you have any helpful comments or suggestions about the Practice and the services on offer, so that we can continuously learn and develop. Send us your comments or suggestions. If you would like to raise a concern or make a formal complaint please see our complaints procedure.